Trying New Sawmill Lubricant Doesn't Go Well | Sure Smells Nice Though

Trying New Sawmill Lubricant Doesn't Go Well | Sure Smells Nice Though

Trying new sawmill lubricant doesn't go well as you'll see on today's episode of Sawing with Sandy. Although the wood smells really nice after cutting, the new Pinesol lubricant doesn't work out as well as I had hoped right from the start. With the dreaded "bang" sound being heard throughout the forest after cutting the first log, I'm dealing with trying to figure out the solution to keep the sawmill blade on the bandwheels. After some head-scratching and figuring I get the right lubrication amount set and I'm back up and running. If there's any consolation it is that the blade didn't break but rather bent a tooth or two out of position. Now that I"m up and running you'll see my trusted Woodland Mills HM130 in full operation cutting siding boards for my equipment shed from recently cut red pine trees. With the pitch in the pine being really thick, it almost feels like my hands have glue on them after a while. After a nice pile of red pine is cut, I take the scenic-route across my boardwalk from the sawmill shack to the lumber shack to sticker and stack the wood for drying. With all the rain that's been hitting the ground lately it sure is nice to have a dedicated building to air-dry the siding. Well, back to cutting. Thanks for watching and supporting the channel folks, here we go!

Sawmill in this video: 2017 Woodland Mills HM130
Blades used: Lenox Sawmill Blades

sawmill blade jumps offsawmill blade falls off after trying new lubricantcutting siding boards with portable sawmill

Post a Comment

0 Comments